Monday, March 9, 2009

Mary- Jane...I used to love her

I had a friend not so long ago...Mary-Jane was her name. I used to love spending time with her. She was a natural beauty. I never knew our relationship could blossom into the beautiful friendship that we had. She was not my type, she was the girl my mother warned me about. She was hated by many and loved by just as much. They used to talk about our friendship. They'd ask what's a good girl like me doing with the likes of Mary-Jane. They didn't know her like I knew her. Mary-Jane was my friend, she was there when I was up, she was there when I was down, she was always there when I needed her. She was never too busy. She was like Jarule, always there when I called and always on time. She gave me her all as well. Sometimes she would be mean to me but that never ended our friendship, in fact it made it stronger. It made me love her more because I would be surprised of what she is capable of. aaaaaaah Mary we were good together. I used to hate it though when you thought you were in control of me. You used to stand as a tower above me and make me sleep when I didn't want to, be quiet, distant and sometimes laugh for no apparent reason. Damn you Mary, but I aint mad, I used to enjoy that. When we were together I was convinced that the best times in life were High. Mary was a good friend of mine ,with her satisfaction was guaranteed all the time. Unfortunately all good things come to an end so I had to end my friendship with the lovely Mary. I gave her the speech: Look BABE,it's not you but definitely me. You have been nothing but good to me but I can't do this anymore. I need space, I need a reality check. I need to be my own person and stop being dependent on you. Mary I love you but as the old cliche says if you love something set it free. I did just that I turned my back on Mary and must say it was and still is hard. I do miss her sometimes but I have to be strong. I do bump into her sometimes because we have mutual friends but I keep my distance and love her for respecting my decision and staying the hell away from me. Oh Mary bekumnandi ukwazi...I see you still continuing doing what you do best and making people happy and all I can say is keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment